Furniture Design students work with state-of-the-art design and production resources:
- Extensive wood studio with hand and power tools
- Metal shop with welding and fabrication equipment
- Metals machine shop
- Upholstery lab
- Plastics/Alternative materials lab
- Finishing spray booth
- Veneer and rare woods collections
- Partner in Shared Technologies Initiative offering laser cutter, Rapid Prototype Machine (RPM) and CNC router
- Computer lab workstations run SolidWorks, Rhino, Adobe Suite and a range of other design software.
Sophomores entering the Furniture Design Department are required to purchase a laptop computer specified by the department. For more information call the department at 401 454-6373.