« back to list
The intent of guest privileges
is to allow for reasonable visitation by a resident’s friends - not long term or
live-in visitors. In fairness to those paying the room fee, repeated
visits by the same guest are strongly discouraged and may be
denied. Resident students who host non-RISD individuals as guests must
abide by the following:
- Guest registration forms must be
completed any time a guest is staying in the residential areas between the
hours of Midnight and 7 AM.
- No guests under 16 years of age are
- Students may host guests for 3
nights in a 7-day period.
- No student may host more than two
guests at any one time.
- Students may host guests for a
maximum of 12 nights per semester (8 per Wintersession).
- Hosts must seek permission from all
roommates before hosting an overnight guest.
- Each guest must present a photo ID
at the time of registration.
- Guests must keep a copy of the
guest registration form on them at all times and must present it to any RISD
campus official when asked to do so.
- Guests must adhere to, and abide by, all RISD
- A guest’s behavior is the
responsibility of the host student.
- Guests should not enter other
residential areas without being escorted by the host student.
- The host student is subject to
fines, disciplinary action and financial responsibility for any of his/her
- Public areas may not be used for
- Guest privileges may be revoked at any time.
Guest registration forms
should be completed at Quad Public Safety or the Public Safety Desk at 15 West
for residents of that building. Hosts are not permitted to loan their ID/access
card to others.