« back to list
Rape and Sexual Assault
These steps are recommended as soon as possible and no later than 24 hours following an assault:
• Call the Providence Police at 911.
• Call RISD Public Safety at x6666
(401 454-6666); reports can be made anonymously.
• Call the Sexual Assault and Trauma
Resource Center at 401 421-4100 for conﬁdential support, particularly if you want an advocate to meet you at the hospital or police station.
• Go to Women & Infants Hospital, 101 Dudley
Street, Providence; phone: 401 274-1100.
• NOTE: Do not shower or change your clothes before going to the hospital.
Information on Title IX at RISD and RISD Title IX coordinators and resources.
24 Hour Victim of Crime Hotline: 1-800-494-8100
100 Medway Street
The Miriam Hospital
164 Summit Avenue
Rhode Island Hospital
593 Eddy Street
AIDS Project Rhode Island
Hotline: 800 726-3010; ofﬁce: 401 831-5522
Department of Health, Providence
AIDS division: 401 222-2320
AIDS Clinic/Rhode Island Hospital