Ann LaVigne is a Boston-based artist and founder of Harriet and Mickey, Ink., a creative studio dedicated to storytelling through illustration, writing and animation. She lives in Milton, Massachusetts with her husband and two young daughters. Much like her home, her works are filled with quirky, imaginative characters living out small dramas.
LaVigne received a BA in English from the University of Vermont and an MFA in Creative Writing from the University of Maryland.
Academic research/areas of interest
- Medieval illuminated manuscripts
- Islamic miniature paintings
- Children's literature
- Independent animation
- BA, University of Vermont
- MFA, University of Maryland, College Park
- FAV-5105-01 Introduction To Animation Techniques
- FAV-W502-01 Introduction To Animation Techniques
- ILLUS-3960-01 Intro To Animation Techniques For Illustrators
Apparel Design Architecture Ceramics Digital + Media Experimental and Foundation Studies Film / Animation / Video Furniture Design Glass Graduate Studies Graphic Design History of Art + Visual Culture History, Philosophy + the Social Sciences Illustration Industrial Design Interior Architecture Jewelry + Metalsmithing Landscape Architecture Literary Arts + Studies Painting Photography Printmaking Sculpture Teaching + Learning in Art + Design Textiles