Eric Telfort was born to Haitian immigrants in Little Haiti, Miami, FL. He followed a long and tumultuous path before earning his BFA in illustration from RISD and his MFA in drawing, painting and sculpture from the New York Academy of Art. Telfort has lectured throughout the northeastern US and internationally – in Zimbabwe, where he was a 2010 VIA Artist in Residence – and creates work exploring the concept of creativity in poverty.
Telfort currently lives in Rhode Island, where he teaches drawing and digital illustration at RISD.
- BFA, Rhode Island School of Design
- ILLUS-2024-05 Painting I: Color Perception And Expression
- ILLUS-4012-02 Senior Portfolio
- ILLUS-3306-01 Intermediate Digital Illustration
- ILLUS-8965-01 Collaborative Study
- ILLUS-2012-07 Drawing I: Visualizing Space
- ILLUS-2028-07 Painting II: Observation And Imagination
- ILLUS-2000-07 Visual Thinking
- ILLUS-8900-03 ISP Major
Apparel Design Architecture Ceramics Digital + Media Experimental and Foundation Studies Film / Animation / Video Furniture Design Glass Graduate Studies Graphic Design History of Art + Visual Culture History, Philosophy + the Social Sciences Illustration Industrial Design Interior Architecture Jewelry + Metalsmithing Landscape Architecture Literary Arts + Studies Painting Photography Printmaking Sculpture Teaching + Learning in Art + Design Textiles