International Student Services
As part of the Office of Intercultural Student Engagement (ISE), the Office of International Student Services (OISS) serves as an advocate for international students, advising them on a wide variety of experiences they may encounter during their studies in the United States and, more specifically, at the Rhode Island School of Design. OISS advises on immigration, cultural, social, financial, academic and personal matters. The office supports international students and their success at RISD.
- Immigration Guidance & Compliance – education to maintain status and compliance with the Department of Homeland Security’s immigration regulations
- Employment – education on options to best utilize the practical training work authorization and gain experience in their field
- How to Navigate US Systems – education on procedures for securing a Social Security number, state driver’s license or ID, setting up a bank account, setting up a mobile phone account and filing taxes
- Cross-Cultural Adjustment and Support – support in transitioning to life at RISD and in the US
- Promote Cross-Cultural Awareness on Campus – production of opportunities to learn more about the various cultures and customs that enrich our campus
- Intercultural Club Support – work with the intercultural student clubs and assist in student leadership development
Check out the international student population at RISD!
Meeting with the Office of International Student Services
Walk-In Advising Hours - Carr House, room 202
Monday and Wednesday from 12pm - 1pm
Students are welcome to drop by to speak with the International Student Advisor or the Associate Director of International Student Services on a first-come, first-served basis. No appointment is required.
30-minute appointments are available with the International Student Advisor or the Associate Director of International Student Services. Please call +1 401 277-4957 at least one day in advance. You may also email us with any questions.
For more information
Visit oiss.risd.edu >>
Catherine (Kate) Sacco
Associate Director of International Student Services
International Student Advisor
phone: 401 277-4957
fax: 401 454-6605
210 Benefit Street (3rd floor)
Office of International Student Services
Rhode Island School of Design
Two College Street
Providence, RI 02903