« back to list
A guest is defined as someone who is not a currently enrolled RISD student. The intent of guest privileges is to allow for reasonable visitation by a resident’s friends – not long-term or live-in visitors. In fairness to those paying the room fee, repeated visits by the same guest are strongly discouraged and may be denied. Residents may not admit or utilize contractors or other individuals whose purpose is to perform work or services for them under this guest policy.
Resident students who host non-RISD individuals as guests must abide by the following:
- Guest registration forms must be completed any time a guest is staying in the residential areas between the hours of midnight and 7 AM.
- No guests under 16 years of age are permitted.
- Students may host guests for a maximum of three nights in a seven-day period.
- No student may host more than two guests at any one time.
- Students may host guests for a maximum of 12 nights per semester (eight per Wintersession).
- Hosts must seek permission from all roommates before hosting an overnight guest.
- Each guest must present a photo ID at the time of registration.
- Guests must keep a copy of the guest registration form on them at all times and must present it to any RISD campus official when asked to do so.
- Guests must adhere to, and abide by, all RISD policies.
- A guest’s behavior is the responsibility of the host student.
- Guests should not enter other residential areas without being escorted by the host student.
- The host student is subject to fines, disciplinary action and financial responsibility for any of his/her guest’s actions.
- Public areas may not be used for guest accommodations.
- Guest privileges may be revoked at any time.
Guest registration forms should be completed at Quad Public Safety or the Public Safety Desk at 15 West for residents of that building. Hosts are not permitted to loan their ID/access card to others.