Policies + Disclosures

« back to list

Solvents and Chemical Handling

Corrosive or flammable materials should be used only in designated work areas or studios. Gamsol is the only solvent approved for use in the residence halls. Disposal of corrosive, flammable or other chemicals (in containers or on cloth, brushes, etc.) must follow the guidelines posted in each work area and incorporated herein by reference. Leftover or used combustible or flammable liquid waste should be poured into the liquid waste containers in each work area or studio. Under no circumstances should any of these substances be poured down drains or mixed in with regular trash. Should you have any questions about proper disposal methods, contact the Office of Environmental Health and Safety at 401 454-6780.


Graduates let loose at the close of RISD's colorful outdoor Commencement.