Max Porter is an Oscar-nominated animation director specializing in mixed-media narratives. Since 2003 his short films have screened in over 1,000 festivals worldwide and have received nearly 200 international awards. Working globally, Porter has produced animated films with the Netherlands Institute for Animation Film and CICLIC Animation (France), and he is currently developing his first feature animation script with the support of the Torino Script Lab (Greece, France, Italy). In addition, he is co-founder of the animation studio Tiny Inventions, where he has directed numerous TV commercials, PSAs, music videos and interactive media.
With 12 years of teaching experience, Porter has worked with students at Parsons the New School for Design, the School of Visual Arts and Maryland Institute College of Art, where he was awarded the Trustee’s Fellowship for Excellence in Teaching.
- FAV-5106-03 Intermediate Studio: Animation
- FAV-5123-01 Character Design
- FAV-5105-01 Animation Practices
- FAV-5107-03 Intermediate Studio: Animation
- FAV-5341-01 Animation Pre-production Methods
- NMSE-8900-32 ISP Non-major Elective