Johanna Barthmaier-Payne is a landscape architect whose work looks at the relationships between urban infrastructure, placemaking and communication around environmental systems and public space design. She is a co-founder of the design practice, A TON, a multidisciplinary design studio in Rhode Island that focuses on landscape, industrial and graphic design within the public realm. Her current research focuses on outreach communication tools and strategic planning around large-scale environmental management and green infrastructure for municipalities, stakeholders and community members.
Barthmaier-Payne graduated with a Master’s in Landscape Architecture from the University of Pennsylvania where she was an ASLA Excellence Award recipient. She has worked with internationally renowned offices such as James Corner Field Operations, OLIN and Atelier Jean Nouvel, working on a wide range of projects from concept to construction including The Presidio Tunnel Tops Project in San Francisco, The Seattle Central Waterfront and The Seattle Seawall. She also holds a BFA in Environmental Design from the Maryland Institute College of Art.
- LDAR-2256-01 Design Foundations/field Ecology
- LDAR-2256-02 Design Foundations/field Ecology
- LDAR-8960-01 Professional Internship
- LDAR-8960-02 Professional Internship
- NMSE-8960-13 Professional Internship
- LDAR-2257-01 Hydrological Systems: Ecology and Design
- LDAR-2257-02 Hydrological Systems: Ecology and Design
- LDAR-8900-02 ISP Major