Alero Akporiaye joined the History, Philosophy and the Social Sciences (HPSS) department at RISD in 2016, after earning her PhD in Public Policy and Political Economy from the University of Texas at Dallas in 2014. Prior to RISD, she spent two years as a visiting assistant professor and lecturer in the Politics department at Bates College. She offers courses in international and comparative political economy and international politics that include Political Economy of Global Supply Chains, Political Economy of Natural Resources, Gendered Political Economy, International Human Rights and the Prospectus Seminar for the new Nature-Culture-Sustainability Studies Liberal Arts Master’s degree at RISD.
Academic research/areas of interest
- International and comparative political economy
- Political risk and multinational corporations
- Politics of foreign direct investment
- Political economy of energy extraction
- Corporate social responsibility
- Experimental methods in international political economy